Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'mmmmm baaaack! Testing the Flock browser

With all the stuff going on with my Macbook Pro, I've been away for a little bit. But, now I got my MBP back and I'm ready to blog again.

In the past week, I've had my hard drive replaced, OS X reinstalled, installed all the software that I need to be productive, set-up Time Machine to automatically backup my laptop every hour, and configured everything the way I like it. I've also tried installing something new... it's called Flock.

For those of you who don't know, Flock is a company that makes a browser that sits on top of Firefox. In fact, the latest release Flock 2 Beta sits on Firefox 3. It's supposed to be "Better, Faster, and Stronger" than Flock 1.2. Since this is my first experience with Flock, I wouldn't be able to tell you if it is any better. However, I have been beta testing Firefox 3 and I am pleased.

Ok, so what is Flock? As I mentioned, Flock is a browser that sits on Firefox. What is special about Flock is that it is geared towards social networking. I'm a newbie to firsthand experience with social networking, but I'm knee deep into it. There are some cool features with Flock. I can add all my logins to the various social networking sites I use such as Twitter, Blogger, Flickr, YouTube, etc.. and Flock stores everything in this cool Accounts and Services Sidebar. Whenever I open Flock, I have all my social sites right at my fingertips (well... my mouse cursor). One of the other cool features is their Blog Editor. With one click, the Blog Editor opens and i can start blogging. When i'm ready to publish, I click on the Publish button and Flock will ask me which blog I want to post to. I select my blog and off it goes. Very nice. I no longer have to login to my blog site and after several mouse clicks, I can start writing.

Anyway, this is my initial impression with Flock. I'm sure I'll write another post after I use it more. Also, there are a lot of videos on youtube talking about the various features of Flock. You can also click here to go straight there.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: