Thursday, June 5, 2008

GolfTEC Initial Evaluation Impressions

Ok. So yesterday, I went back to GolfTEC and did my Initial Evaluation session with Tim. Once again, I put on the harnesses and hit several balls. Like on the golf course, I hit some a little fat, some thin, and some right in the sweet spot - straight up inconsistent! It was perfect for the evaluation.

Once again, Tim showed me the video of the various areas that needed work. I think most people would be pretty depressed after hearing that everything they were doing needed work and was causing the inconsistencies. However, I was actually thrilled to hear it. For me, that meant I had a chance to actually become a scratch golfer one day. Once again I was impressed with the video technology they use and more impressed with Tim. He really took the time to explain my trouble areas and made sure to ask me if I understood what he was telling me and if I had any questions.

After my session, I determined that I was going to give it a shot and signed up for a 3 month package. Besides, if technology is used to help anything businesses, doctors, bloggers... why not the golf swing? And GolfTEC had the most advanced technology I've seen thus far.

In addition to signing up with GolfTEC, I committed myself to make the most out of my lessons. My plan is to try and go to the range everyday for about 30mins and hit a small bucket of balls to train my body to adjust to the new things I'm learning. Additionally, I decided I was going to take my Flip Video (yet another use for my Flipper), put it on an old camera tripod, and record all my practice sessions so I can review them later so I can see if I'm still making mistakes. To take it one step further, I decided to blog about each of my learning sessions and practice sessions. Pretty cool.

No comments: