Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lesson 3 - Lessons Learned

NOTE: The information below is specific to my golf swing and is not intended to be a lesson plan for you.

Yesterday, I had my 3rd lesson with Tim at GolfTEC. The focus from the previous week was to focus on my shoulder turn and keeping them level. According to Tim, he was amazed at the progress I had made. He felt that this particular change was going to be my "Mt. Everest" and that it would take a few months to really nail it. He told me that I accomplished this within 1 week. This definitely put a smile on my face.

For my 3rd lesson, we decided not to change anything this time around. Since the shoulder turn is so important, Tim wanted me to continue working on it to develop consistency. This is completely fine by me as consistency was exactly what I was looking to gain. My swing is looking a lot better and the bad habits are going away. I'm now feeling more confident about my swing. I'm looking forward to developing consistency this week.

Here is a picture of my backswing when I first started at GolfTEC alongside my swing from yesterday. Drastically different:


Also, here is a video of my swing in motion:

No comments: