Thursday, June 5, 2008

Initial Evaluation - Day 1 Practice

As mentioned in my previous post, I committed myself to really working on the things that Tim told me I needed to fix. Today is the first day after my Initial Evaluation and I went to the range at Legacy Golf Club during lunch to hit a small bag of balls. It was a horrible day for me. Everything was uncomfortable, I struggled to make good ball contact, but I was determined to stick to the things I needed to work on. At the end, I figured I only hit 2 balls that went well, but my new grip was feeling much more comfortable. I'm optimistic that tomorrow my stance will feel more comfortable. I can tell from the video I took, that i'm still overturning my shoulders (club head at the top of my swing is turning to the right). Oh well, that's for a future lesson. I'm just going to focus on my stance and my grip. From what I can tell, it looks like my stance is looking better.

Here is the video that I took today on my Flip Video. Mental note to self - I need to wear a shirt that is a little more fitted so I can see my form better.



Among other things, Flip Video is such a sweet device and is perfect for golf! You can get yours at Zappos.com.

No comments: